Mango Black Bean Salsa
This colorful salsa takes just minutes to prepare—and that’s likely how long it will last at your next event, too! Chopped mango adds bursts of sweetness to the satisfying chip dip from Judy Heiser of Uvalde, Texas.
14 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 15 min.
- 1 can (15 ounces) black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 can (11 ounces) Mexicorn, drained
- 1 medium mango, peeled and chopped
- 1/4 cup finely chopped onion
- 1/4 cup minced fresh cilantro
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 1 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cumin
- Baked tortilla chip scoops
- In a large bowl, combine the beans, corn, mango, onion, cilantro,
- lime juice, garlic salt and cumin. Refrigerate until serving. Serve
- with chips. Yield: 3-1/2 cups.
Nutrition Facts: 1/4 cup (calculated without chips) equals 53 calories, trace fat (trace saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 310 mg sodium, 11 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 2 g protein. Diabetic Exchange: 1 starch.
Wine: Sweet Red Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a sweet red wine.