Mandarin Tuna Salad
Elizabeth Kennedy of Dover, Delaware gives tuna salad a twist by adding crisp apple pieces and tangy mandarin oranges. "Every summer I get requests from my husband and daughters to make this dish," she notes. "There's never any left over."
9 ServingsPrep: 20 min. + chilling
- 1 package (8 ounces) elbow macaroni
- 1 can (11 ounces) mandarin oranges, drained
- 1 can (9 ounces) water-packed tuna, drained
- 1 cup chopped apple
- 1 cup diced celery
- 1 cup Miracle Whip
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon paprika
- Prepare macaroni according to package directions; drain and rinse in
- cold water. Place in a large bowl; add the oranges, tuna, apple and
- celery. In a small bowl, combine the Miracle Whip, lemon juice and
- salt; fold into macaroni mixture. Sprinkle with paprika. Cover and
- refrigerate for at least 2 hours before serving. Yield: 9 servings.
Nutrition Facts: One serving (3/4 cup) equals 176 calories, 1 g fat (trace saturated fat), 9 mg cholesterol, 453 mg sodium, 27 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 13 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1-1/2 starch, 1 lean meat.
Wine: Light-Bodied White Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.