Sweet mandarin oranges temper the boldness of cilantro, jalapeno and onion in this salsa, creating an impressive and colorful combination. —Yvonne Opp, Greenville, Pennsylvania
16 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 5 plum tomatoes, chopped
- 1 large sweet onion, chopped
- 2 jalapeno peppers, seeded and chopped
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh cilantro
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1 can (15 ounces) mandarin oranges, drained
- Tortilla chips
- In a small bowl, combine the first eight ingredients. Gently stir in
- mandarin oranges. Chill until serving. Drain before serving if
- necessary. Serve with tortilla chips. Yield: 4 cups.
Nutrition Facts: 1/4 cup (calculated without chips) equals 24 calories, trace fat (trace saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 150 mg sodium, 6 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, trace protein. Diabetic Exchange: 1/2 starch.
Wine: Sweet Red Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a sweet red wine.