"You can keep the oranges and french-fried onions in your pantry to prepare this refreshingly different salad when unexpected company shows up at the door," comments Elsie Maurillo, Atkinson, New Hampshire. "It goes equally well with beef, pork or poultry or fish."
8-10 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 15 min.
- 1 can (15 ounces) mandarin oranges
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 10 cups torn salad greens
- 1 can (2.8 ounces) french-fried onions
- Drain oranges, reserving 2 tablespoons juice (discard remaining juice
- or refrigerate for another use). In a small bowl, combine mayonnaise
- and reserved juice until smooth. In a large bowl, toss the greens,
- oranges and onions. Drizzle with dressing and toss to coat. Serve
- immediately. Yield: 8-10 servings.
Nutrition Facts: 1 serving (1 cup) equals 166 calories, 13 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 4 mg cholesterol, 145 mg sodium, 12 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 1 g protein.