Mandarin Pork Medallions
My daughter demonstrated this recipe at the state fair and received lots of compliments. Since she is involved in both the food projects and the swine projects, she took great pleasure in promoting Minnesota pork.
4 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 1 pork tenderloin (about 1 pound)
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 3/4 cup orange juice
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1/4 cup orange marmalade
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon prepared horseradish
- 1/4 to 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Hot cooked noodles
- 1 can (11 ounces) mandarin oranges, drained
- Cut tenderloin into four pieces; pound until 1/3 in. thick. Brown in
- a large skillet in hot oil for 3 minutes on each side; remove and
- set aside.
- Combine orange juice and cornstarch; add to the skillet along with
- marmalade, lemon juice, horseradish and salt. Bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat; cook and stir until sauce thickens, about 2 minutes.
- Return the pork to the skillet; cover and cook for 8-10 minutes or
- until pork is no longer pink. Serve over noodles; garnish with
- mandarin oranges. Yield: 4 servings.
Nutrition Facts: 1 serving (1 each) equals 289 calories, 7 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 63 mg cholesterol, 212 mg sodium,