Mallow Pineapple Salad
You'll find pineapple chunks, banana slices and marshmallows in this light creamy fluff from Kathy Robinson of Eau Claire, Wisconsin.
8 ServingsPrep: 30 min. + chilling
- 1 can (20 ounces) pineapple chunks
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1-1/2 cups miniature marshmallows
- 2 medium firm bananas, sliced
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
- Drain pineapple, reserving juice; set pineapple aside. In a saucepan,
- combine the sugar, cornstarch, eggs and reserved juice; mix well.
- Cook and stir until a thermometer reads 160°. Remove from the
- heat. Pour into a bowl; cool completely.
- In a small bowl, beat cream until stiff peaks form. Fold into cooled
- egg mixture. Add marshmallows and reserved pineapple. Cover and
- refrigerate for 4 hours. Just before serving, fold in bananas and
- nuts. Yield: 8 servings.
Nutrition Facts: 1 serving (1/2 cup) equals 324 calories, 17 g fat (8 g saturated fat), 94 mg cholesterol, 33 mg sodium, 42 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 5 g protein.