These waffles taste just as terrific as the original recipe—with only half the fat. In other words, dust off that waffle iron because these breakfast sensations are a wonderful way to start your day! Carol Burger - Phillips, Wisconsin
5 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 1-3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 3 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 egg yolks
- 1-3/4 cups fat-free milk
- 1/4 cup canola oil
- 1/4 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 2 egg whites
- In a large bowl, combine the flour, baking powder and salt. In a
- small bowl, whisk the egg yolks, milk, oil and applesauce. Stir into
- dry ingredients just until moistened.
- In another small bowl, beat egg whites until stiff peaks form. Fold
- into batter. Bake in a preheated waffle iron according to
- manufacturer’s directions until golden brown. Yield: 10 waffles.
Nutrition Facts: 2 waffles equals 321 calories, 13 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 84 mg cholesterol, 538 mg sodium, 39 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 10 g protein.