- Flatten chicken to 1/2-in. thickness. For stuffing, in a small
- nonstick skillet coated with cooking spray, saute onion and green
- pepper in oil until tender. Transfer to a small bowl. Stir in the
- bread crumbs, water and poultry seasoning.
- Place 1/4 cup stuffing over each chicken breast. Roll up from a short
- side and secure with toothpicks. In a shallow bowl, combine the
- flour, paprika, salt and pepper. Coat chicken in flour mixture.
- Place seam side down in an 11-in. x 7-in. baking dish coated with
- cooking spray. Spritz chicken with cooking spray. Bake, uncovered,
- at 350° for 45-50 minutes or until a thermometer reads 170°.
- Discard toothpicks.
- Meanwhile, in a large skillet, saute mushrooms and onion in oil until
- tender. Whisk flour and milk; add to pan. Bring to a boil; cook and
- stir for 1 minute or until thickened. Remove from the heat; stir in
- the sour cream, salt and pepper. Serve with chicken. Yield: 4
Nutrition Facts: 1 stuffed chicken breast half with about 1/3 cup sauce equals 401 calories, 13 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 106 mg cholesterol, 627 mg sodium, 27 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 43 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 5 lean meat, 1 starch, 1 vegetable, 1 fat.