- In a large bowl, beat the cream cheese, strawberries, lemon juice and
- peel until blended. Gradually beat in the custard mixture.
- Fill cylinder of ice cream freezer two-thirds full; freeze according
- to manufacturer’s directions. Refrigerate remaining mixture until
- ready to freeze. When ice cream is frozen, transfer to a freezer
- container; freeze for 2-4 hours before serving.
- Yield: 3 quarts.
Nutrition Facts: 1/2 cup equals 208 calories, 9 g fat (6 g saturated fat), 60 mg cholesterol, 156 mg sodium, 25 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 6 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2 fat, 1-1/2 starch.
Wine: Sweet White Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.