- Add the tomatoes, tomato paste, water and sloppy joe mix. Bring to a
- boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 10 minutes, stirring
- Drain macaroni; set aside. In a large saucepan, saute onion in butter
- until tender. Stir in the flour, mustard, salt and pepper until
- smooth. Gradually add milk and Worcestershire sauce. Bring to a
- boil; cook and stir for 1-2 minutes or until thickened. Remove from
- the heat. Stir in the process cheese until melted. Add macaroni and
- 1 cup cheddar cheese; mix well.
- Spread two-thirds of the macaroni mixture in a 13-in. x 9-in. baking
- dish coated with cooking spray. Spread turkey mixture to within 2
- in. of edges. Spoon remaining macaroni mixture around edges of pan.
- Cover and bake at 375° for 30-35 minutes or until bubbly.
- Uncover; sprinkle with remaining cheddar cheese. Cover and let stand
- until cheese is melted. Yield: 10 servings.
Nutrition Facts: 1-1/3 cups equals 459 calories, 16 g fat (9 g saturated fat), 71 mg cholesterol, 1,140 mg sodium, 54 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 26 g protein.
Wine: Full-Bodied White Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.