Makeover Silverglade Salad
We turned a calorie-laden salad into a light and delicious medley you can feel good about serving. Dressed up with a variety of toppings and a tasty dressing, it's sure to be a hit!
15 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 6 cups torn green leaf lettuce
- 6 cups torn red leaf lettuce
- 4 cups seedless red grapes, halved
- 1/2 pound reduced-fat Swiss cheese, julienned
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded fat-free cheddar cheese
- 1/3 cup water
- 1/3 cup white wine vinegar
- 1/3 cup canola oil
- 5 teaspoons brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 2 green onions, chopped
- 1-1/2 cups honey-roasted soy nuts
- 4 bacon strips, cooked and crumbled
- In a large bowl, combine the lettuces, grapes and cheeses. In a jar
- with a tight-fitting lid, combine the water, vinegar, oil, brown
- sugar and mustard; shake well.
- Add onions to the dressing; pour over salad and toss to coat.
- Sprinkle with soy nuts and bacon. Serve immediately. Yield: 15
- servings (1 cup each).
Nutrition Facts: 1 cup equals 225 calories, 12 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 11 mg cholesterol, 212 mg sodium,