- Combine the flour, cocoa, baking soda and salt. Add to butter mixture
- alternately with buttermilk. Pour into prepared pans. Bake at
- 350° for 14-18 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the
- center comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes before removing from
- pans to wire racks to cool completely.
- For frosting, in a small saucepan, whisk flour and milk until smooth.
- Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes. Cool to room
- temperature. In a small bowl, cream butter and sugar until light and
- fluffy. Beat in flour mixture and vanilla. Spread between layers and
- over top of cake. Yield: 16 servings.
Nutrition Facts: 1 slice equals 241 calories, 9 g fat (6 g saturated fat), 50 mg cholesterol, 315 mg sodium, 36 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 3 g protein.