- eggs and egg whites, one at a time, beating well after each
- addition. Beat in melted chocolate and extract. Combine the flour,
- baking powder and salt; add to the creamed mixture. Fold in baking
- chips; set aside.
- In a small bowl, dissolve espresso powder in water; cool to room
- temperature. In a large bowl, beat cream cheese and sugar until
- smooth. Beat in the flour, extract and espresso mixture. Add egg;
- beat on low speed just until combined. Fold in baking chips.
- Spread half of chocolate mixture into a 13-in. x 9-in. baking pan
- coated with cooking spray; top with cream cheese mixture. Spoon
- remaining chocolate batter over top; cut through batter with a knife
- to swirl.
- Bake at 325° for 35-40 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near
- the center comes out with moist crumbs. Cool completely on a wire
- rack. Cut into bars. Yield: 2-1/2 dozen.
Nutrition Facts: 1 brownie equals 159 calories, 8 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 27 mg cholesterol, 101 mg sodium, 22 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 3 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1-1/2 fat, 1 starch.
Wine: Sweet White Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.