Makeover Monterey Jack Corn Bake
Donna Nortman of Camillus, New York knew that this delectable side dish wasn't too healthy for her family, so she asked us to help. We delivered a side dish that is tops on taste and has less than half the fat, saturated fat and cholesterol than Donna's original recipe. — Taste of Home's Test Kitchen
6 ServingsPrep: 10 min. Bake: 30 min.
- 1 egg
- 2 egg whites
- 1-1/2 cups (12 ounces) reduced-fat sour cream
- 2-3/4 cups fresh or frozen corn, thawed
- 1/2 cup soft bread crumbs
- 2 ounces Monterey Jack cheese, diced
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 cup shredded reduced-fat cheddar cheese
- In a large bowl, combine the egg, egg whites and sour cream. Add the
- corn, bread crumbs, Monterey Jack cheese, salt and pepper; mix well.
- Pour into a shallow 1-1/2-qt. baking dish coated with cooking spray.
- Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 30-40 minutes or until a knife
- inserted near the center comes out clean. Sprinkle with remaining
- cheese; cover and let stand 5 minutes before serving. Yield: 6
Nutrition Facts: 2/3 cup equals 225 calories, 11 g fat (7 g saturated fat), 70 mg cholesterol, 409 mg sodium,