- In a large nonstick skillet, cook meat, onion and garlic until meat
- is no longer pink; drain. Stir in the wine or broth. Simmer,
- uncovered, until wine is almost completely reduced. Add tomato sauce
- and seasonings. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for
- 3 hours, stirring occasionally.
- Place bulgur in a bowl; add boiling water and let stand for 1 hour.
- Drain; set aside. Cook lasagna noodles according to package
- directions; drain. In a saucepan, heat butter over medium heat until
- golden brown, about 4 minutes. Remove from the heat. In a bowl,
- whisk flour and milk until smooth; stir into butter. Bring to a
- boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes. Reduce heat to low; add cream
- cheese and seasonings. Cook and stir until smooth. Stir bulgur into
- meat sauce.
- In a 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish coated with cooking spray, spread 1
- cup meat sauce. Layer with 4 noodles, a third each cream cheese and
- meat sauces and 1/3 cup Parmesan cheese. Repeat layers. Top with
- remaining noodles, sauces and Parmesan cheese. (Pan will be full.)
- Cover and bake at 350° for 45 minutes. Uncover; bake for 15
- minutes. Let stand for 20 minutes before cutting. Yield: 15
Nutrition Facts: One serving (1 piece) equals 334 calories, 13 g fat (7 g saturated fat), 50 mg cholesterol, 926 mg sodium, 33 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 20 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2 starch, 2 lean meat, 1 vegetable, 1 fat.
Wine: Full-Bodied Red Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied red wine such as Cabernet Sauvignon, Merlot or Syrah.