Makeover Italian Pasta Salad
Here’s the perfect side dish for summer picnics or fall potlucks—and no one would ever guess that it’s been slimmed down. —Taste of Home Test Kitchen
8 ServingsPrep:25 min. + chilling
- 1 cup uncooked whole wheat spiral pasta
- 1-1/2 cups halved cherry tomatoes
- 1 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1/2 cup fat-free Italian salad dressing
- 1/4 cup chopped sweet red pepper
- 1/4 cup chopped green pepper
- 3 tablespoons thinly sliced green onions
- 1/2 cup fat-free mayonnaise
- 1/3 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/3 cup cubed provolone cheese
- 1 can (2-1/4 ounces) sliced ripe olives, drained
- Cook pasta according to package directions; rinse with cold water and
- drain. Place in a large bowl; add the tomatoes, mushrooms, salad
- dressing, peppers and onions. Cover and refrigerate for at least 4
- hours or overnight.
- In a small bowl, combine mayonnaise and Parmesan cheese; stir in
- provolone cheese and olives. Gently fold into the pasta mixture.
- Chill until serving. Yield: 8 servings.
Nutrition Facts: 3/4 cup equals 101 calories, 4 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 9 mg cholesterol, 507 mg sodium, 12 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber,