Makeover Hash and Eggs
Loaded with red potatoes and deli corned beef, our lightened up version of corned beef hash delivers fresh flavors and a dose of fiber. It's so spot on, you'll swear you're in a diner! Taste of Home Test Kitchen
4 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 6 medium red potatoes (about 1-1/2 pounds), cut into 1/2-inch cubes
- 1/4 cup water
- 3 packages (2 ounces each) thinly sliced deli corned beef, coarsely chopped
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 4 eggs
- In a large nonstick skillet, saute onion in oil until tender. Stir in
- potatoes and water. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer
- for 15-20 minutes or until potatoes are tender. Stir in corned beef
- and pepper; heat through.
- Meanwhile, in a large nonstick skillet coated with cooking spray, fry
- eggs as desired. Serve with corned beef hash. Yield: 4 servings.
Nutrition Facts: 1 cup corned beef hash with 1 egg equals 301 calories, 12 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 239 mg cholesterol, 652 mg sodium, 31 g carbohydrate, 4 g fiber, 18 g protein.