Makeover Green Olive Tapenade
This is a scrumptious, super-fast appetizer that looks and tastes so good, you'll never guess it's light. “This recipe offers an excellent way to create elegant and full-flavored appetizers,” writes Teresa Spencer from Oconomowoc, Wisconsin.
14 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 10 min.
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 2 anchovy fillets
- 1 garlic clove, peeled
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- Dash sugar
- 2 cups pimiento-stuffed olives
- 14 slices French bread (1/2 inch thick), toasted
- In a food processor, combine the first seven ingredients; cover and
- process until smooth. Add olives; cover and pulse until coarsely
- chopped. Serve with toasted French bread. Yield: 1-3/4 cups.
Nutrition Facts: 2 tablespoons tapenade with 1 slice bread equals 87 calories, 6 g fat (trace saturated fat), trace cholesterol, 501 mg sodium, 8 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 1 g protein.