- saute onion until tender. Stir in the tomato sauce, salsa, chili
- powder, oregano, garlic powder and thyme. Bring to a boil. Reduce
- heat; simmer, uncovered, for 15-20 minutes or until slightly
- Place a heaping 1/2 cup meat mixture down the center of each
- tortilla. Roll up and place seam side down in two 13-in. x 9-in.
- baking dishes coated with cooking spray. Pour sauce over top.
- Cover and freeze one dish for up to 3 months. Bake the remaining
- dish, uncovered, at 350° for 30-35 minutes or until heated
- through. Sprinkle with 6 tablespoons cheese; bake 5 minutes longer
- or until cheese is melted.
- To use frozen enchiladas: Thaw in refrigerator overnight. Remove
- from the refrigerator 30 minutes before baking. Cover and bake as
- directed. Yield: 2 dishes (6 servings each).
Nutrition Facts: 1 enchilada equals 358 calories, 12 g fat (5 g saturated fat), 55 mg cholesterol, 715 mg sodium, 33 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 28 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3 lean meat, 2 starch, 1 vegetable, 1 fat.