Makeover Fluffy Lime Salad
Loaded with crunchy walnuts, tangy pineapple and lip-smacking lime flavor, this refreshing salad could even double as dessert! —Taste of Home Test Kitchen
8 ServingsPrep: 15 min. + chilling
- 1 can (8 ounces) unsweetened crushed pineapple, undrained
- 1 package (.3 ounce) sugar-free lime gelatin
- 3 tablespoons water
- 6 ounces reduced-fat cream cheese
- 1 cup miniature marshmallows
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
- 1 carton (8 ounces) frozen reduced-fat whipped topping, thawed
- Drain pineapple, reserving juice; set pineapple aside. In a small
- saucepan, combine the gelatin, water and reserved juice. Cook and
- stir over low heat until gelatin is dissolved. Refrigerate until
- syrupy, about 30 minutes.
- In a small bowl, beat cream cheese until fluffy. Stir in gelatin
- mixture, marshmallows, walnuts and pineapple. Fold in whipped
- Transfer to a serving bowl. Cover and refrigerate for 2 hours or
- until set. Yield: 8 servings.
Nutrition Facts: 3/4 cup equals 206 calories, 12 g fat (7 g saturated fat), 15 mg cholesterol, 125 mg sodium, 21 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 4 g protein.