Makeover Dirt Dessert
This lightened-up dessert from the original sent in by Kristi Linton of Bay City, Michigan makes an amazing after-dinner treat. Break out the spoons and make sure you get a bite, because this is one dessert that won't be around for long!
20 ServingsPrep: 30 min. + chilling
- 1 package (8 ounces) fat-free cream cheese
- 1 package (3 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 3/4 cup confectioners' sugar
- 3-1/2 cups cold fat-free milk
- 2 packages (1 ounce each) sugar-free instant vanilla pudding mix
- 1 carton (12 ounces) frozen reduced-fat whipped topping, thawed
- 1 package (15-1/2 ounces) reduced-fat Oreo cookies, crushed
- In a large bowl, beat cream cheeses and confectioners' sugar until
- smooth. In a large bowl, whisk milk and pudding mixes for 2 minutes;
- let stand for 2 minutes or until soft-set. Gradually stir into cream
- cheese mixture. Fold in whipped topping.
- Spread 1-1/3 cups of crushed cookies into an ungreased 13-in. x 9-in.
- dish. Layer with half of the pudding mixture and half of the
- remaining cookies. Repeat layers. Refrigerate for at least 1 hour
- before serving. Yield: 20 servings.
Nutrition Facts: 1/2 cup equals 208 calories, 6 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 6 mg cholesterol, 364 mg sodium, 33 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 5 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2 starch, 1 fat.