- 1/4-in. strips. Place strips and oil in a resealable plastic bag;
- shake to coat. Combine chili powder, salt and cayenne. Add to bag;
- shake to coat.
- Arrange tortilla strips on a baking sheet coated with cooking spray.
- Bake at 400° for 6-8 minutes or until crisp, stirring once.
- Remove to paper towels to cool; set aside.
- Meanwhile, in a Dutch oven, saute onion in oil until tender. Add
- garlic; cook 1 minute longer. Stir in 4 cups water, chicken base,
- chili powder, cumin, coriander and cayenne. Whisk masa harina and
- remaining water until smooth; stir into pan. Bring to a boil; cook
- and stir for 2 minutes or until slightly thickened.
- Reduce heat. Stir in process cheese until melted. Add chicken; heat
- through. Ladle into bowls. Top with pico de gallo, shredded cheese
- and tortilla strips. Yield: 6 servings.
Nutrition Facts: 1 cup equals 266 calories, 11 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 56 mg cholesterol, 866 mg sodium, 19 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 24 g protein.
Wine: Sweet White Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.