Macaroni & Cheese Pizza
“Kids love this recipe! What could be better than pizza and mac 'n' cheese all in one meal? Toppings are easily changed to suit individual tastes. To simplify things, use a can of pizza sauce instead of the tomato sauce, oregano and basil.”
Jenny Staniec - Oak Grove, Minnesota
8 ServingsPrep: 30 min. Bake: 10 min.
- 1 package (7-1/4 ounces) macaroni and cheese dinner mix
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1/2 pound bulk Johnsonville® Ground Sausage
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 1 can (8 ounces) tomato sauce
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 can (4 ounces) mushroom stems and pieces, drained
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- Prepare macaroni and cheese according to package directions; stir in
- eggs. Spread onto a greased 12-in. pizza pan. Bake at 375° for
- 10 minutes or until a thermometer reads 160°.
- Meanwhile, in a large skillet, cook sausage and onion over medium
- heat until meat is no longer pink; drain.
- In a small bowl, combine the tomato sauce, basil and oregano. Spread
- over macaroni mixture. Layer with sausage mixture, mushrooms and
- cheese. Bake for 10 minutes or until cheese is melted. Yield: 8
Nutrition Facts: 1 slice equals 263 calories, 14 g fat (7 g saturated fat), 92 mg cholesterol, 660 mg sodium, 21 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 13 g protein.