One evening when my husband and I went out to dinner, he ordered a salmon dish that sounded interesting. It was wonderful. When I tried duplicating it at home, he said mine was as good as, if not better than, the original. That made my day!
2 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 2 salmon steaks (about 1-1/8 inches thick)
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon coarsely ground pepper
- 1 egg white
- 1/2 cup chopped macadamia nuts
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- Hot cooked rice
- Sprinkle fish with salt and pepper. In a shallow bowl, whisk egg
- white until frothy. Dip fish in egg white, then coat with nuts.
- Gently pat nut mixture onto fish.
- In a large skillet, cook fish in oil over medium heat for about 6-8
- minutes on each side or until fish flakes easily with a fork.
- Meanwhile, melt butter. Stir in parsley and lemon juice. Drizzle
- over fish. Serve with rice. Yield: 2 servings.
Nutrition Facts: 1 serving (1 each) equals 793 calories, 77 g fat (17 g saturated fat), 81 mg cholesterol, 641 mg sodium, 8 g carbohydrate, 5 g fiber, 23 g protein.