Macadamia Chip Brownies
With two kinds of chocolate, plus the macadamia nuts, there's no need to frost these scrumptious bars! I like to make them for special occasions. I'm retired home economist and love to bake for fun and relaxation. Often, I share goodies with friends and families at our local Ronald McDonald House.
18 ServingsPrep: 15 min. Bake: 30 min.
- 1/3 cup butter
- 4 ounces white baking chocolate, chopped
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup chopped macadamia nuts
- 1/2 cup milk chocolate chips
- In a saucepan, melt butter and white chocolate over low heat; stir
- until smooth. Remove from the heat. Cool slightly
- In a large bowl, beat eggs and sugar. Add chocolate mixture and
- vanilla. Combine flour and salt; gradually add to chocolate mixture.
- Stir in nuts and chocolate chips.
- Pour into a greased 9-in. square baking pan. Bake at 325° for
- 30-35 minutes or until top is lightly browned. Cool on a wire rack.
- Cut into bars. Yield: 1-1/2 dozen.
Nutrition Facts: 1 serving (1 each) equals 166 calories, 9 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 34 mg cholesterol, 90 mg sodium, 21 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 2 g protein.