Luscious Lemon Fruit Dip
This creamy fruit dip was served at my bridal shower and it was such a hit that now I serve it at all showers I attend.
Deb Ceman, Wauwatosa, Wisconsin
20 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 2 cups sugar
- 2/3 cup cornstarch
- 1 cup cold water
- 4 eggs, lightly beaten
- 2/3 cup lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 cups heavy whipping cream, whipped
- Assorted fresh fruit
- In a large heavy saucepan, combine the sugar and cornstarch.
- Gradually whisk in water until smooth. Cook and stir over
- medium-high heat until thickened and bubbly. Reduce heat; cook and
- stir 2 minutes longer. Remove from the heat.
- Stir a small amount of hot mixture into eggs; return all to the pan,
- stirring constantly. Bring to a gentle boil; cook and stir 2 minutes
- longer. Remove from the heat. Gently stir in lemon juice and
- Transfer to a large bowl. Cool to room temperature without stirring.
- Cover surface of mixture with waxed paper; refrigerate until cooled.
- Fold in whipped cream. Serve with fresh fruit. Yield: 5 cups.
Nutrition Facts: 1/4 cup dip (calculated without fruit) equals 152 calories, 5 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 59 mg cholesterol, 19 mg sodium,