Luncheon Spinach Salad
"The subtle curry flavor of this colorful salad brings folks back for more," says Evy Fitzgerald of Sun Lakes, Arizona. "After eating a similar salad at a church dinner, I created my own version."
10 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 10 min.
- 3 packages (6 ounces each) fresh baby spinach, stems removed
- 2 medium tart apples, chopped
- 1 cup cubed cooked turkey
- 2/3 cup peanuts
- 1/2 cup raisins
- 1/4 cup thinly sliced green onions
- 2 tablespoons sesame seeds, toasted
- 2/3 cup vegetable oil
- 1/3 cup honey
- 1/4 cup vinegar
- 1 tablespoon grated orange peel
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon curry powder
- 1 teaspoon ground mustard
- In a salad bowl, combine the spinach apples, turkey, peanuts,
- raisins, onions and sesame seeds. In a jar with a tight-fitting lid,
- combine the remaining ingredients; shake well. Drizzle over salad
- and toss to coat; serve immediately. Yield: 10 servings.
Nutrition Facts: 1 serving (1 each) equals 297 calories, 21 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 11 mg cholesterol, 312 mg sodium, 23 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 8 g protein.