Low-Fat Strawberry Cream Dessert
This "berry" light and creamy dessert is a fantastic finale to a special meal, guarantees Nancy Haigh of Philip, South Dakota. "For a fun variation, use instant lemon pudding with madarin oranges and pineapple tidbits mixed in," she suggests.
8 ServingsPrep: 20 min. + chilling
- 1 package (8 ounces) reduced-fat cream cheese, softened
- 1 carton (8 ounces) reduced-fat whipped topping, thawed
- 3 cups cold fat-free milk
- 2 packages (1 ounce each) sugar-free instant vanilla pudding mix
- 2 pints fresh strawberries, halved
- In a large bowl, beat cream cheese until smooth. Beat in whipped
- topping on low speed until smooth; set aside. In another large bowl,
- combine milk and pudding mixes. Beat on low speed for 2 minutes. Let
- stand for 5 minutes. Stir in cream cheese mixture until smooth. Set
- aside 1 cup of strawberries. Fold remaining strawberries into
- pudding mixture. Transfer to a serving bowl or individual dessert
- dishes. Cover and refrigerate for at least 2 hours. Arrange
- remaining strawberries on top.
- Yield: 8 servings.
Nutrition Facts: One serving (about 3/4 cup) equals 216 calories, 9 g fat (7 g saturated fat), 18 mg cholesterol, 428 mg sodium, 25 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 7 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1-1/2 starch, 1-1/2 fat,