Low-Cal Smoked Salmon Dip
Smoked salmon lovers will definitely enjoy this snack shared by Cathryn Buist of Jenison, Michigan. Served with crackers or vegetables, it makes a great addition to an appetizer buffet.
9 ServingsPrep: 10 min. + chilling
- 1-1/2 cups (12 ounces) 1% cottage cheese
- 4 ounces smoked salmon fillets, flaked
- 2 tablespoons prepared horseradish
- Assorted crackers
- Place cottage cheese in a food processor or blender; cover and
- process until smooth. Transfer to a bowl. Stir in salmon and
- horseradish. Cover and refrigerate for at least 3 hours or until
- chilled. Serve with crackers. Yield: 2-1/4 cups.
Nutrition Facts: 1/4 cup dip, calculated without crackers equals 44 calories, 1 g fat (trace saturated fat), 4 mg cholesterol, 416 mg sodium, 1 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 7 g protein. Diabetic Exchange: 1 lean meat.