- or overnight, turning several times. Cover and refrigerate remaining
- Prepare grill for indirect heat, using a drip pan. Drain and discard
- marinade from brisket; pat dry with paper towels. Place brisket over
- pan; grill, covered, over indirect low heat for 30-45 minutes on
- each side or until browned.
- Transfer brisket to a heavy-duty disposable roasting pan. Pour 1-1/4
- cups of reserved sauce over brisket. Cover with a double layer of
- heavy-duty foil and seal tightly.
- Grill, covered, over indirect low heat for 3-4 hours or until meat is
- fork-tender. Slice brisket across the grain. Serve with remaining
- sauce. Yield: 12-16 servings.
Editor's Note: This is a fresh beef brisket, not corned beef. This recipe is best when the brisket is untrimmed.
Nutrition Facts: 1 serving equals 217 calories, 5 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 48 mg cholesterol, 541 mg sodium, 19 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 24 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3 lean meat, 1 starch.
Wine: Light-Bodied Red Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied red wine such as Pinot Noir.