Loaded Red Potato Casserole
"This potato casserole has the same flavor of the potato skins you can order as a restaurant appetizer," shares Charlane Gathy of Lexington, Kentucky. "It's an ideal dish for tailgating and potlucks."
9 ServingsPrep: 25 min. Bake: 20 min.
- 16 small red potatoes
- 1/2 cup 2% milk
- 1/4 cup butter, cubed
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1-1/2 cups (6 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese, divided
- 1/2 cup crumbled cooked bacon
- 1 cup (8 ounces) sour cream
- 2 tablespoons minced chives
- Place potatoes in a Dutch oven and cover with water. Bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat; cover and cook for 15-20 minutes or until tender.
- Mash potatoes with the milk, butter, pepper and salt. Transfer to a
- greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish. Sprinkle with 1 cup cheese and
- Dollop with sour cream; sprinkle with chives and remaining cheese.
- Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 20-25 minutes or until cheese is
- melted. Yield: 9 servings.
Nutrition Facts: 1 serving (3/4 cup) equals 254 calories, 17 g fat (11 g saturated fat), 58 mg cholesterol, 422 mg sodium, 15 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 9 g protein.