Loaded Mashed Potatoes
Every year my Mom made cream cheese mashed potatoes for Thanksgiving, and I've tailored the recipe to my family and have carried on the tradition. I also make them in a slow cooker, which is convenient because I make the potatoes a day ahead, freeing up oven space. —Ann Nolte, Tampa, Florida
10 ServingsPrep: 25 min. + chilling Cook: 3 hours
- 3 pounds potatoes (about 9 medium), peeled and cubed
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup (8 ounces) sour cream
- 1/2 cup butter, cubed
- 1/4 cup 2% milk
- 1-1/2 cups (6 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- 1-1/2 cups (6 ounces) shredded pepper Jack cheese
- 1/2 pound bacon strips, cooked and crumbled
- 4 green onions, chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- Place potatoes in a Dutch oven and cover with water. Bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat; cover and cook for 10-15 minutes or until tender.
- Drain. Mash potatoes with cream cheese, sour cream, butter and milk.
- Stir in the cheeses, bacon, onions and seasonings. Transfer to a
- large bowl; cover and refrigerate overnight.
- Transfer to a greased 3- or 4-quart slow cooker. Cover and cook on
- low for 3 to 3-1/2 hours. Yield: 10 servings.
Nutrition Facts: 3/4 cup equals 571 calories, 43 g fat (25 g saturated fat), 135 mg cholesterol, 925 mg sodium, 22 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 23 g protein.