Loaded Flank Steak
For a delicious steak dinner, try this recipe. The stuffing makes it elegant enough to serve to guests. —Tammy Thomas, Mustang, Oklahoma
6 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 6 bacon strips, cooked and crumbled
- 3 green onions, chopped
- 2 tablespoons ranch salad dressing mix
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 beef flank steak (1-1/2 to 2 pounds)
- In a small bowl, combine the first five ingredients. Cut a deep slit
- in steak, forming a pocket. Stuff butter mixture into slit.
- Grill steak, covered, over medium heat or broil 4-6 in. from the heat
- for 6-7 minutes on each side or until meat reaches desired doneness
- (for medium-rare, a thermometer should read 145°; medium,
- 160°; well-done, 170°). Let stand 5 minutes before serving.
- To serve, thinly slice across the grain. Yield: 6 servings.
Wine: Full-Bodied Red Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied red wine such as Cabernet Sauvignon, Merlot or Syrah.