Loaded Baked Potato Salad
I revamped my mother's potato salad recipe to taste more like baked potatoes with all the fixin's, which I love. It's now the most requested dish at family gatherings...even my mother asked for the recipe!
-Jackie Deckard, Solsberry, Indiana
20 ServingsPrep: 20 min. Bake: 40 min. + cooling
- 5 pounds small unpeeled red potatoes, cubed
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 8 hard-cooked eggs, chopped
- 1 pound sliced bacon, cooked and crumbled
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 sweet onion, chopped
- 3 dill pickles, chopped
- 1-1/2 cups (12 ounces) sour cream
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 2 to 3 teaspoons prepared mustard
- Place the potatoes in a greased 15-in. x 10-in. x 1-in. baking pan;
- sprinkle with salt and pepper. Bake, uncovered, at 425° for
- 40-45 minutes or until tender. Cool in pan on a wire rack.
- In a large bowl, combine the potatoes, eggs, bacon, cheese, onion and
- pickles. In a small bowl, combine the sour cream, mayonnaise and
- mustard; pour over the potato mixture and toss to coat. Yield: 20
Nutrition Facts: 1 serving (3/4 cup) equals 316 calories, 21 g fat (8 g saturated fat), 119 mg cholesterol, 510 mg sodium, 20 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 10 g protein.