Lo-Cal Apple Snack
"This quick snack is often requested as an office treat," reports Nancy Horan of Sioux Falls, South Dakota. "It's a simple and harvest-fresh way to serve autumn's best appleskids also love it."
4 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 4 medium Golden Delicious apples, peeled, cored and cut into rings
- 1/2 cup apple juice
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 tablespoon grated lemon peel
- In an ungreased 11-in. x 7-in. microwave-safe dish, arrange apples in
- two rows. Pour apple juice over apples. Sprinkle with cinnamon and
- lemon peel. Cover and microwave on high for 4-1/2 minutes or until
- apples are tender, turning after 1-1/2 minutes. Yield: 4 servings.
Nutrition Facts: One serving equals 1-1/2 fruit; also, 88 calories, 1 mg sodium, 0 cholesterol, 23 gm carbohydrate, trace protein, trace fat.