Little Mexican Pizzas
"These little pizzas are perfect for lunch, snacks or parties," says Linda Eggers of Albany, California.
12 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 1 package (13 ounces) whole wheat English muffins, split
- 3/4 cup fat-free refried beans
- 3/4 cup salsa
- 1/3 cup sliced ripe olives
- 2 green onions, chopped
- 2 tablespoons canned chopped green chilies
- 1-1/2 cups (6 ounces) shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- Spread cut sides of muffins with refried beans; top with salsa,
- olives, onions, chilies and cheese.
- Place on baking sheets; broil 4-6 in. from the heat for 2-3 minutes
- or until cheese is melted. Yield: 1 dozen.
Nutrition Facts: 1 pizza equals 129 calories, 3 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 8 mg cholesterol, 368 mg sodium, 17 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 7 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 starch, 1 lean meat.
Wine: Sweet Red Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a sweet red wine.