Linguine with Fresh Tomatoes
"This garlic and basil pasta recipe is a wonderful way to use your bounty of late-summer tomatoes," suggests Susan Jones of Downers Grove, Illinois. "Ideal as a side dish for grilled chicken, it also makes a great light supper when coupled with a salad and breadsticks."
6 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 15 min.
- 8 ounces uncooked linguine
- 3 medium tomatoes, chopped
- 6 green onions, sliced
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/4 cup minced fresh basil or 4 teaspoons dried basil
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 3 tablespoons butter
- Cook pasta according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a large
- serving bowl, combine the tomatoes, onions, Parmesan cheese, basil,
- garlic, salt and pepper. Drain pasta and toss with butter. Add to
- tomato mixture; toss to coat. Yield: 6 servings.
Nutrition Facts: One serving (1 cup) equals 211 calories, 9 g fat (5 g saturated fat), 22 mg cholesterol, 680 mg sodium, 26 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 8 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2 fat, 1-1/2 starch.