Lime Spritz Cookies
The refreshing citrus flavor in these pressed cookies comes from lime gelatin. They're easy, festive and delightfully different always a big hit at potlucks and luncheons.
84 ServingsPrep: 15 min. Bake: 10 min./batch
- 1-1/2 cups butter, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 package (3 ounces) lime gelatin
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- Red and green colored sugar, optional
- In a large bowl, cream the butter, sugar and gelatin until light and
- fluffy. Beat in egg and vanilla. Combine flour and baking powder;
- gradually add to the creamed mixture and mix well.
- Using a cookie press fitted with the disk of your choice, press dough
- into desired shapes 2 in. apart onto ungreased baking sheets.
- Sprinkle with colored sugar if desired.
- Bake at 350° for 8-10 minutes or until set. Remove to wire racks
- to cool. Yield: 14 dozen.
Nutrition Facts: 1 serving (2 each) equals 64 calories, 3 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 11 mg cholesterol, 41 mg sodium, 8 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 1 g protein.