Lime Fruit Slushies
These frosty drinks shared by Linda Horst from newville, Pennsylvania have a bright green color and refreshing flavor. Tip: Divide the mixture between two plastic containers before freezing. Once frozen, use them to help keep the items in your cooler chilled. They'll thaw to a nice slushy consistency. More Slushies »
12 ServingsPrep: 15 min. + freezing
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1 package (3 ounces) lime gelatin
- 1 cup boiling water
- 3 cups cold water
- 3 cups unsweetened pineapple juice
- 1 can (6 ounces) frozen orange juice concentrate, thawed
- 1 liter ginger ale, chilled
- In a large container, dissolve sugar and gelatin in boiling water.
- Stir in the cold water, pineapple juice and orange juice
- concentrate. Freeze.
- Remove from the freezer 1-2 hours before serving. Transfer to a punch
- bowl; stir in the ginger ale. Yield: 12 servings.
Nutrition Facts: 1 cup (prepared with sugar substitute and sugar free gelatin) equals 67 calories, trace fat (trace saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 26 mg sodium, 16 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 1 g protein. Diabetic Exchange: 1 fruit.