Lime Frozen Yogurt
Wedges of grilled pineapple complement the cool and tangy frozen yogurt in this delightful dessert from Kelly Kraus. Little Falls, New Jersey. It's a real refresher on warm days!
6 ServingsPrep: 15 min. Process 20 min. + freezing
- 4 cups fat-free plain yogurt
- 1-1/2 cups sugar
- 2/3 cup lime juice
- 2 tablespoon grated lime peel
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 large fresh pineapple, peeled and cut into 3/4-inch wedges
- Fresh mint, optional
- In a large bowl, combine the yogurt, sugar, lime juice, lime peel and
- salt; stir until sugar is dissolved. Freeze in an ice cream freezer
- according to manufacturer's instructions. Allow to ripen in the ice
- cream freezer or firm up in your refrigerator freezer for 2-4 hours
- before serving.
- Using long-handled tongs, moisten a paper towel with cooking oil and
- lightly coat the grill rack. Grill pineapple, uncovered, over medium
- heat for 1-2 minutes on each side or until heated through. Serve
- with lime frozen yogurt. Garnish with mint if desired. Yield: 6
Nutrition Facts: One serving (3/4 cup frozen yogurt with 1/6 of the pineapple) equals 307 calories, trace fat (trace saturated fat), 3 mg cholesterol, 189 mg sodium, 75 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 7 g protein.