Lime Cilantro Hummus
Enjoy this fun dip with crackers or veggies or on your favorite sandwich or burger. To make it smoother, add a bit more olive oil. If you prefer a more rustic texture, decrease the oil a little. —Kimberly Grusendorf, Medina, Ohio
12 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 2 cans (15 ounces) garbanzo beans or chickpeas, rinsed and drained
- 1 cup coarsely chopped cilantro leaves
- 1/2 cup lime juice
- 1/4 cup water
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 4 garlic cloves, halved
- 1-1/2 teaspoons grated lime peel
- 1 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- Assorted fresh vegetables or crackers
- In a food processor, combine garbanzo beans, cilantro, lime juice,
- water, oil, garlic, lime peel, garlic salt and cayenne; cover and
- process until blended. Serve with vegetables or crackers.
- Yield: 3 cups.
Nutrition Facts: 1/4 cup (calculated without vegetables or crackers) equals 100 calories, 5 g fat (trace saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 244 mg sodium, 12 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 3 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 starch, 1 fat.