“I got tired of serving broccoli the same way every time, so I prepared this recipe.” The simple butter sauce turns the tender florets into something special. Denise Albers, Freeburg, Illinois
8 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 8 cups fresh broccoli florets
- 3 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- Place broccoli in a steamer basket; place in a large saucepan over 1
- in. of water. Bring to a boil; cover and steam for 3-4 minutes or
- until crisp-tender.
- Meanwhile, in a small bowl, combine the remaining ingredients.
- Drizzle butter mixture over broccoli; toss to coat. Yield: 8
Nutrition Facts: 3/4 cup equals 58 calories, 5 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 11 mg cholesterol, 123 mg sodium, 4 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 2 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 vegetable, 1/2 fat.