Light Scalloped Potatoes
"Even with lighter ingredients like chicken bouillon and Parmesan cheese, this is a comforting potato dish," shares Tamie Foley of Thousand Oaks, California.
6 ServingsPrep: 15 min. Bake: 1-1/4 hours + standing
- 6 medium potatoes, peeled and thinly sliced
- 3 cups water
- 4 reduced-sodium chicken bouillon cubes
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- Minced fresh parsley, optional
- Place potatoes in a greased 2-qt. baking dish that has been coated
- with cooking spray. In a small saucepan, heat the water, bouillon
- and garlic until bouillon is dissolved; pour over potatoes. Sprinkle
- with Parmesan cheese.
- Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 1-1/4 to 1-1/2 hours or until
- tender. Let stand 10 minutes before serving. Sprinkle with parsley
- if desired. Serve with a slotted spoon. Yield: 6 servings.
Nutrition Facts: One 1/2-cup serving equals 175 calories, 3 g fat (0 saturated fat), 7 mg cholesterol, 168 mg sodium, 32 g carbohydrate, 0 fiber, 3 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2 starch, 1/2 fat.