- half. Shape into loaves. Grease two 8-in. x 4-in. loaf pans and
- sprinkle with cornmeal. Place loaves in prepared pans. Cover and let
- rise until doubled, about 45 minutes.
- With a sharp knife, make three shallow slashes across the top of each
- loaf. Bake at 375° for 30-35 minutes or until golden brown.
- Remove from pans to wire racks. Brush with melted butter. Cool.
- Yield: 2 loaves.
Editor's Note: Bread may also be shaped into two round loaves. Place loaves on two baking sheets that have been greased and sprinkle with cornmeal.
Nutrition Facts: 1 serving (1 slice) equals 109 calories, 2 g fat (trace saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 149 mg sodium, 21 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 2 g protein.