Light Rosemary Rice
This quick rice dish is a favorite with my family. It's low in fat because it gets it's flavor from herbs, not butter. -Connie Regalado of El Paso, Texas
4 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) reduced-sodium chicken broth or vegetable broth
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 cup uncooked long grain rice
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh rosemary or 1 teaspoon dried rosemary, crushed
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- In a saucepan, saute onion and garlic in oil until tender. Add broth
- and water. Stir in the rice, rosemary and pepper. Bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 15-18 minutes or until rice is
- tender. Remove from the heat; stir in Parmesan cheese. Yield: 4
Nutrition Facts: 3/4 cup equals 250 calories, 5 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 4 mg cholesterol, 367 mg sodium, 42 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 7 g protein.