Light Linguine Carbonara
We're a busy family. When we need to rush off to an evening sporting event or meeting, I prepare this pasta toss along with breadsticks or garlic toast for a quick light dinner.Mary Jo Nikolaus, Mansfield, Ohio
4 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 8 ounces uncooked linguine
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1 cup fat-free evaporated milk
- 1/4 cup finely chopped sweet red pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese, divided
- 1/2 cup frozen peas, thawed
- 2 bacon strips, cooked and crumbled
- Cook linguine according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a small
- saucepan, combine the next five ingredients. Cook and stir over
- medium-low heat until mixture reaches 160° and coats the back of
- a metal spoon. Stir in 1/4 cup Parmesan cheese, peas and bacon; heat
- through. Drain linguine; toss with sauce. Sprinkle with the
- remaining Parmesan cheese. Yield: 4 servings.
Nutrition Facts: One serving (1 cup) equals 352 calories, 7 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 66 mg cholesterol, 349 mg sodium, 52 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 20 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3 starch, 1 lean meat, 1 fat, 1/2 fat-free milk.
Wine: Full-Bodied White Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as