Light Chocolate Truffles
I made these for my husband on Valentine's Day, and later for Christmas gifts. Everyone loves them! —Donni Worthen, Branson, Missouri
20 ServingsPrep: 25 min. + chilling
- 1/3 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- 4 ounces reduced-fat cream cheese
- 1/3 cup plus 2 teaspoons baking cocoa, divided
- 1-1/4 cups plus 2 teaspoons confectioners' sugar, divided
- In a microwave, melt chocolate chips; stir until smooth. Set aside.
- In a small bowl, beat cream cheese until fluffy. Beat in 1/3 cup
- cocoa and melted chocolate. Gradually beat in 1-1/4 cups
- confectioners' sugar. Lightly coat hands with confectioners' sugar;
- roll chocolate mixture into 1-in. balls. Roll in remaining cocoa or
- confectioners' sugar. Cover and refrigerate for at least 1 hour.
- Yield: about 1-1/2 dozen.
Nutrition Facts: 1 truffle equals 62 calories, 2 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 4 mg cholesterol, 24 mg sodium, 11 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 1 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1/2 starch, 1/2 fat.