Lettuce with Raspberry Dressing
My husband and I have been married almost 40 years, and we have 10 children and half a dozen grandchildren. So I'm used to cooking for crowds!
We live out in the country on a small acreage with a big garden. Our daughter enjoys making different kinds of vinegar, and helping her to use them up is how this recipe came about. It always draws umm-umm-good reviews when I serve it at family potlucks
6 ServingsPrep: 15 min. + chilling
- 1/3 cup vegetable oil
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 2 tablespoons raspberry vinegar
- 1 tablespoon sour cream
- 1-1/2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 1/2 cup fresh raspberries
- 6 cups leaf lettuce, washed, drained and chilled
- 1/2 cup coarsely chopped walnuts, toasted
- Whisk together the first five dressing ingredients; fold in
- raspberries. Cover and refrigerate for at least 1 hour.
- Place lettuce in salad bowl; add walnuts. Drizzle with dressing and
- toss to coat. Serve immediately. Yield: 6 servings (3/4 cup
Nutrition Facts:Diabetic Exchanges: One serving equals 1/2 fruit, 1 vegetable, 2 fats; also, 157 calories, 22 mg sodium, .8 cholesterol, 11 gm carbohydrate, 2 gm protein, 13 gm fat.