"I'm constantly trying to incorporate healthy but tasty meals into our menu," writes Pam Masters of Derby, Kansas. "Both kids and adults love these mildly spiced burritos that combine filling lentils with crisp zucchini."
8 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 2 cups water
- 1 cup dried lentils
- 2 tablespoons dried minced onion
- 1/2 teaspoon dried minced garlic
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/8 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
- 1 small zucchini, chopped
- 1 cup taco sauce
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 8 fat-free flour tortillas (8 inches)
- In a large saucepan, combine the first six ingredients; bring to a
- boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 15-20 minutes or until
- lentils are tender. Drain if necessary.
- Stir in the zucchini, taco sauce and cheese. Place about 1/2 cupfuls
- down the center of each tortilla. Fold sides and ends over filling
- and roll up. Yield: 8 burritos.
Nutrition Facts: One serving equals 237 calories, 3 g fat (0 saturated fat), 7 mg cholesterol, 608 mg sodium, 40 g carbohydrate, 0 fiber, 13 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2 starch, 2 lean meat, 1 vegetable.