Lemony Sweet Potato Pie
For a finger-licking finale to any holiday meal, I turn to this light and luscious sweet potato pie laced with just a hint of lemon. Funny how folks always seem able to find room for this delectable dessert!
- Peggy West
6-8 ServingsPrep: 20 min. Bake: 50 min.
- 2 cups mashed sweet potatoes
- 3 eggs
- 1 can (5 ounces) evaporated milk
- 1/4 cup water
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 1-1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon lemon extract
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 unbaked pastry shell (9 inches)
- Whipped cream
- Press mashed sweet potatoes through a sieve or food mill. In a large
- bowl, whisk the eggs, milk, water, butter and extracts. Stir in the
- sugar and sweet potatoes. Pour into crust.
- Bake at 375° for 50-60 minutes or until a knife inserted near the
- center comes out clean. Cover edges with foil during the last 20
- minutes to prevent overbrowning if necessary. Cool on a wire rack.
- Serve pie with whipped cream Refrigerate leftovers. Yield: 6-8
Nutrition Facts: 1 serving (1 slice) equals 407 calories, 16 g fat (8 g saturated fat), 106 mg cholesterol, 209 mg sodium, 60 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 6 g protein.